MISSION: May River Theatre is a nonprofit organization committed to engaging the Bluffton community through a breadth of quality theatrical performances that facilitate growth in both the production and understanding of the entire theatrical experience.
VISION: May River Theatre is the area community theatre that performers seek out when looking for productions that both challenge and showcase their full abilities, that new community members become involved in to build lasting relationships, and finally, MRT is the area community theatre that patrons attend who are interested in being entertained and challenged by a breadth of traditional and contemporary productions.
● Breadth: MRT strives to offer a wide-range of traditional and contemporary performances in order to cultivate an appreciation and
understanding of the social implications, cultural understanding, and exploration of the human condition that theatre experiences provide.
● Excellence: MRT will produce quality productions developed from a range of musicals and plays that will stretch the abilities while showcasing
area performers, designers and technical specialists.
● Growth: MRT is committed to the growth of the individual as well as the organization as a whole, which in turn will facilitate a culture of excellence.
● Community: MRT strives to enhance the overall community through providing access to theatre opportunities that will involve community members in all aspects of a production while cultivating a local audience.
● Collaboration: Building a strong community relies on the collaboration of community leaders, business owners, organizations, and community
residents. MRT is committed to building a culture of collaboration built on the strengths of all within the community, thus developing an arts
May River Theatre
founded by Ed & Jodi Dupuis - 2002
Part of the inaugural 2002 - 2003 season
The Pajama Game
Part of the 2005 - 2006 Season
Part of the 2012 - 2013 Season
Part of the 2017 - 2018 Season